Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Devotion - Wednesday, April 4

I want to continue to discuss resurrection.  Continuing to read from I Corinthians 15, we are told that the body which rises need not be identical to the body which dies.

Paul writes of how a kernel is sown, but a stalk of wheat emerges.

This is a big part of my on-going message about resurrection.  Too often we think of heaven as "more of that which we have enjoyed most" in this life.  While that may be a great thing, is that what God is promising us?

The Revelation of St. John speaks of eternal life as a never ending opportunity to praise God.  Those who have washed their robes in the blood of the Lamb are before the throne, singing their devotion.

The teachings of the Church would remind us that "The Saints," those who are already with God, spend their time praying - praying for you and for me and for the world.

Resurrected life is like nothing we have ever known.  It is knowing God completely, even as were fully known.  To speak of resurrection as more of that which we enjoy the most is to put ourselves as the center of the discussion, rather than the God who brings us life and gives us eternal life.

Like Paul, I desire this change in my life.  I pray for it and long for its arrival.  And whatever it is like, I know that it will wonderful.  Wonderful, because it (like the life God gave me 61 years ago) will be God's gift to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment