Thursday, April 19, 2018

Devotion - Thursday, April 19

I have let more than a few things fall off the edge of my plate over the course of the past three weeks.  I won't repeat the list of changes that have come within small circle of wife, father-in-law, and kids - but these changes have needed some attention, and I turned my focus there and away from my role as campus pastor.

This is as it should be.  "Work" is not nearly as important as care for those whom God has placed in our family.

I do wonder if I keep the same attitude when the "family member" isn't related to me by blood?  Do I display the same "It can wait" attitude when the request for support or assistance or love is coming toward me from a sister in Christ?

Jesus has made of us one family.  In this faith family, we are surely bound as tightly.  But do we realize this and remember this and act on this?

Whether we do or not, I hope you would agree with me in saying, "We should."

No comments:

Post a Comment