Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Devotion - Tuesday, November 13

I do enjoy reading The Revelation.  This morning I am in the 14th chapter.  Image after image reminds the reader that God is the one who reigns in the heavens and that God's justice finds its way into the earth.

In reply to one of my less-then-cheerful devotions, a friend replied "Are you alright?"  There have been some troubling days of late; troubling to me mostly because of my deep love and concern for you and your generation.  This friend's email redirected my attention to the affirmations of The Revelation - we may be pressed but never destroyed; we may be injured but never defeated.

The graphic images in The Revelation remind us that the way may be difficult and the opposition strong, but they are no match for God's Word and for God's will.

I don't know the tone of your day thus far, but I share with you the gift given to me this cold and rainy morning - God's angles will proceed from the Temple and from around the altar.  They will carry out God's will and they will bring to us the gifts of the God who loves us and cares for us and provides for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment