Thursday, March 14, 2019

Devotion - Thursday, March 14

Hebrews 4 lifts the promise of "entering God's rest."  This is a wonderful and welcomed opportunity.

We all feel it, about this time in the term.  We need a break, we need some time away, we need rest.

Spring Break will allow this chance.  It will give us opportunity to set aside our worries and renew our spirits.  Make the most of the week; but do be careful.

There are other ways to "enter God's rest."  And I would encourage you to seek those ways.  Maybe spring break will give you the chance to develop new habits or practices which will align you with the rest of God.

I know it sounds crazy to most of you, but my morning routine is my way of entering God's rest.  Getting up, reading my bible, praying, and sharing how God is active in my heart returns me to the place of rest which is in God.

Above all, give thanks to God for the rest you do receive.  Know that while it may be easier to notice that rest during a break, that rest is available to you at all times.  It is another of God's gifts to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment