Thursday, March 28, 2019

Devotion - Thursday, March 28

We are pet-sitting for our son.  The house he is in has a greyhound, a recovery from racing.  He thought it best not to bring his furry cat into the same house.  So, "Crumb" is spending the year with us.

Crumb is a great cat.  Affectionate.  Though he is a cat - he chooses when you are allowed to pet or hold.

One thing I have noticed:  Each day, as I have my devotion time, Crumb chooses to come sit on my lap.  Far from distracting me from my prayers, his gentle purrs reinforce what this time does for me at the start of my day.  Why is does he always come to be with me at this time?  Does he know, what I am doing?

I know that I want to be around persons who are slowing down or intentionally being attentive to the things which matter most in life.  Perhaps this is the attraction.  The hectic pace at which life is lived leads to my deep appreciation of those who are calm and pensive.  

Solving the mysteries of why a cat does what it does is far beyond me, but this I do know:  There is something attractive about a centered and reflective life.  Crumb is drawn to it; so am I.  Find those persons in your own life and celebrate them.  Then, consider how you might you might serve as one of those types of persons for your circle of peers.

No comments:

Post a Comment