Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Devotion - Tuesday, March 12

We do need to be aware of the ways in which we sin.  

These days of Lent are an opportunity to examine those things which have become part of our lives but ought not to be there.  During these 40 days, we can turn to our fellow pilgrims and ask for assistance in seeing what we are inclined to ignore or overlook.

I am most aware of my indifference and apathy.  It is easy to see the ways in which the world does not match God's hope, and yet I am inclined to think those problems too large for me to have an impact.  

While I talk a good game about helping the poor, I continue to hoard and amass wealth.  

I no longer fear that God is going to zap me for my sin - but I am growing increasingly aware of how my sin does separate me from God, from God's beloved children, and from myself.  Sin prevents us from being whom God created us to be.

Become aware of your sin.  Be open to the assistance of others in seeing what you have become blind to seeing.  And make use of these days of Lent to return to the hope in which God created you.

No comments:

Post a Comment