Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Devotion - Wednesday, January 30

I apologize for failing to send out a devotion yesterday, and not giving you a heads up that would happen.  I have been out of town, participating in a retreat for campus pastors in Region 9.  I have been staying up late, and sleeping in.

The Commandments speak of Sabbath, but we don't often enough speak of this gift from God.  It is the blessed rest which allows us to be reminded of the aspects of life which are the most essential.

I have been experiencing Sabbath.  And I wanted to speak of this to you.

It may just be the nature of student life that there is always something to be done.  I can tell you it is also a feature of life for those in their post-college years.  You will only experience Sabbath if you take time for it - you won't be given chances or encouraged by the world to take it.

Sabbath is a wonderful thing.  There is a reason God established this as the theme for the seventh day of creation.  It is as essential to our health as eating well and getting exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment