Monday, January 28, 2019

Devotion - Monday, January 28

I want to turn to I Corinthians 12 one more time.  We looked at last week's reading on Wednesday, and again at the Directing Committee Retreat.  Yesterday, the second half of this chapter served as our reading.

Paul speaks of the body's various parts and how each part needs another.  He points out that the foot needs the eye, the hand needs the stomach - that sort of thing.

Twice last week I found myself speaking of the particular message of our LCM ministry.  Twice I was helping someone who had been involved elsewhere realize that the particulars of our message are not intended to mean the particulars of another ministry are incorrect.  Twice I found myself saying that only when each of us offers our gifts will the whole Church be the Church.

There is only so much any one of us can know.  We are dependent upon others to know what is beyond our abilities.  When we realize that the foot has a role and that the foot must do that role it allowed the foot to do its thing with appreciation for what the eye can do - but not trying to be an eye!

Maybe it is fear of seeming inadequate.  But why is it so difficult for us to say - this is what I have, and I offer this; the rest of the story and message will need to be told by others.

I Corinthians 12.  A chapter full of wisdom and insight and good practical knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment