Thursday, May 4, 2017

Devotion - Thursday, May 4 - Final for the year

I woke this morning caught between two powerful emotions.  

On the one hand (honestly speaking,) I was thinking "this is the last morning where I have a task to accomplish before 6:30 am.  I don't often sleep in, but during the summer I can if the mood strikes me.

But the other (and more powerful) emotion is the sadness of realizing that I won't have this opportunity to be a part of your morning.  Where did the grace come from which lead to your interest in my sharing how God is actively speaking to me each morning?  Folks will often discuss with me how one maintains the confidence that God hears their prayers.  Sometimes those are the same persons who would never pray publicly or out loud.  I know that God hears my prayers when you reply back to me.  Publicly sharing our faith journey allows us to be sustain by fellow travelers.

I will pray for you over the summer.  I ask that you pray for me; that you pray for one another.  Christianity is not a solo religious experience.  It is meant to be shared.

Until the fall term reunites us, be strong in your quest and be steadfast in your reflections on how God is speaking to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment