Thursday, May 2, 2019

Devotion - Thursday, May 2

After two decades of sending these devotions, today will be my last.  Finals end tomorrow, and over the summer I will be stepping down from my position with LCM.  

I want to thank you for allowing me to become part of your morning and your life.  Your replies and questions and sharing have kept my faith life full and meaningful.  I will miss talking with you.  I will continue to pray for you, and ask that you would remember me.

This morning I am leaning heavily on what my theology professor taught me.  In a study of The Beatitudes, he helped me to understand "Blessed are those who mourn."  "Only those who have had a meaningful relationship have reason to mourn."  There is sadness only as an aftermath of having been blessed.

Truly, this is what I am experiencing.  

God remains, regardless of what actions we take or the interactions we have.  God remains loving and caring and always at our side.  Why mourn?

Again, thank you.  And God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment