Monday, December 10, 2018

Devotion - Monday, December 10

The Opening Prayer in my guide stuck with me throughout my morning devotion.

"Lord, free us from our sins and make us whole."

Are there two requests in this petition? Or two aspects of one plea?

Too often we speak and hear of "sins" as an act or thought or word.  Sin can also refer to a broken relationship.  This latter understand would then see acts committed as an expression or result of the broken relationship.

I also found myself thanking God for the wholeness which comes from knowing that I am linked with that larger than myself.  The forgiving of my sins means I live united with God and thus my life is whole, complete.

What might be lacking in my life is of no real consequence.  The only things in short supply are things which I can easily live without.  My life is whole, my sins are forgiven, I am at one with the God who created me and who redeems me and gives me the very air I breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment