Monday, October 15, 2018

Devotion - Monday, October 15

In Luke 6, Jesus gives advise about building a strong foundation.  He warns against building on sand, where shifting can occur and a collapse may occur.  Build instead, on rock; on something solid.

I commend you for following this advise.  You would not begin your day with a time of reflection and prayer were you not constructing a firm and solid foundation for your life.  As you have realized, the patterns you are starting now will remain with you for the rest of your life.

My morning prayers are often interrupted by thoughts of what I need to get done this day.  But, the mood and attitude of prayer is to say to those things, "You will have to wait.  Right now, I am spending time with the God who created all things and who loves me regardless of whether I accomplish the tasks of the day."  The mood and attitude of prayer reminds me that more urgent than the work I need to do are the people who struggle with illness, with anxiety, with relationships.  The mood and attitude of prayer moves these persons I love back into the center of my life.

The solid foundation upon which a wonderful life is built makes it possible to keep upheavals in perspective.  It is a gift to oneself which will last the whole of one's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment