Monday, August 20, 2018

Devotion - Monday, August 20

Let me start off by saying "Welcome back".  What a joy it is stand at the start of a wonderful year full of so many opportunities and experiences.

I do benefit from my summer's away from this daily routine.  I can sleep a bit later; getting on my computer isn't always necessary.  But my prayer life and my devotional life suffer.  Without this daily exchange, prayer and study can also cease to be a routine.

The Christian faith was never envisioned as a solitary experience.  We may come to hold convictions by way of private reflection and decisions.  But Jesus invites his followers to "come and see," to "follow", and to become one of a group of disciples.

There are far too many instances in which we are forced to go it on our own.  Faith is not one of them.

As we encounter those places where we experience loneliness or alienation, the faith community offers a relief.

I was reading this morning from John 3.  Jesus states "the light has come into the world."  Allow that light to illumine the dark recesses of your world and your day.  And - thank you - for being that light in my life and for my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment