Thursday, May 3, 2018

Devotion - Thursday, May 3

How fitting that for this day the appointed Gospel lesson is Matthew 6:25:  "Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you shall eat or what you shall drink, nor about your body, what you shall put on.  Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?"

I needed to hear these words; and I think they may be helpful to you as well.

Allow these words to help you set aside the worries and anxieties which you face.  There is the immediate issue of one more exam or the grades you will get for the semester.  Among our graduating class are some still looking for a job or path.  There are interviews for co-ops and internships, but the summer will begin before those things are in place.  Allow these words to bring calm into your life.

I will take them to heart, also.  I sometimes apologize for being to paternal in my dealings with y'all.  I do worry about you, and for you.  You are wonderfully gifted and talented and your strength continues to impress me.  But you are put upon from so many angles and I continually pray for you.  When you leave for the summer, I miss you.  When you graduate, a piece of my heart goes with you.  But the Father who watches over me is also watching over you and His presence will keep you and the awareness of His presence will allow me to not be anxious.

Have a wonderful summer.  Face life after graduation with confidence.  And know that we will forever be united in prayer and in our devotion to the one who first loved us.

Pastor Chris

PS:  Summer break is upon us.  Look for additional offerings come August.

No comments:

Post a Comment