Thursday, November 30, 2017

Devotion - Thursday, November 30

I did something to my knee last night.  I don't remember what I did, but Sam can tell you that I limped from my office to the Lounge in order to clear up an erroneous email I had sent.  As I age, I find this happens: I get an injury or a wound and have no idea where it came from.  It is just an unfortunate side effect of aging.

Another side effect is perspective.  Because I have lived three times as many years as you, the breadth of experiences from which I draw are three times as plentiful.  While the aches in my knee slow me down and make me a less interactive campus pastor, I hope that my expanded perspective will add something to my service as our campus pastor.

Tom was spot on last night, as he offered our devotion.  God is ever present and ever ready to aid us at times of stress and anxiety.  The verse he shared was an affirmation that we do not face life's challenges alone.  Wise words; from a young man!

Every burden is easier to carry when we have someone to carry it with us.  You have someone - you have many someones.  

These next two weeks will be hectic and tiring and perhaps overwhelming.  But they will go much better as you place them in perspective and allow others to share your burdens.

No comments:

Post a Comment