Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Devotion - Tuesday, April 19

What does it take for our joy to be complete?  We fill our lives with many things, anticipating that this is the corner which will make everything perfect.  

In John 15.11, Jesus says, "These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full."

While not meaning to imply that "all is fine" when we have Jesus in our hearts, I do understand and have experienced the realities of this verse of scripture.  There is a blessing which comes from allowing my eyes and my heart to be set on the joy that is Christ's.  There is a joy which fills my life when I am connected and fully participating in that which marked the days and message of Jesus.

Your struggles and the interruptions of joy which invade your life may need the attention of extra help.  Do not forsake the wise advise of those persons.  But we can all set our hearts and our minds on the joy which comes through the Easter message.  We can fill our lives with that which does complete us and fill us.

No comments:

Post a Comment