Thursday, March 30, 2017

Devotion - Thursday, March 30

My prayers this morning kept coming back to last night's program.  Savannah shared her work at Carolina Behavioral Health, assisting those with mood disorders.

First - I was blown away with her competence.  My prayers included gratitude for the gifts God has distributed among all of you and how effectively you are using those gifts to shape a world in line with God's vision.

Then, I prayed for all of us who benefit from the types of services Savannah is learning.  I am thankful that there so many of us who have had the courage to seek the help of mental illness professionals.  I am thankful for what those counselors and doctors have been able to do.  There are way too many of your classmates who suffer in silence and never seek the aid which would benefit them; possibly save their lives.

Finally, I am grateful that LCM is a community in which so many of us are able to talk openly and honestly about anxiety and depression and obsessive thoughts.  We are not more inflected with these, we are just more honest.  As a result, we can be more caring and supportive.

I continually give God thanks for the opportunity to be among you.  What a blessing it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment