Thursday, March 16, 2017

Devotion - Thursday, March 16

Today is my last communication with you before spring break.  There will be a student e-devotion tomorrow.  

It was some 16 years ago that a car wreck forever altered the life of one of our LCM students.  Death was too close; and the severity of the injuries left permanent effects.  I think about that series of events every spring break.

So, allow me to share a few thoughts with you:

First, do enjoy spring break.  Enjoy the break from studies and deadlines, enjoy the openness of your days and the absence of a tight schedule.   Make sure you return to Clemson and classes rested and renewed.

Second, do be careful.  The 18 traveling with me to Washington, D.C. will need to be on guard in a city with patterns of interaction and behavior unfamiliar to us.  Be careful wherever you are going.

Third, take your bible.  I am never told "I don't want to read my bible," rather the line is "I don't have time." or "I have to do so much reading for class."  Well - here is your chance.  The Sunday lessons in 2017 are from Matthew.  Read Matthew over the break.

In closing, I would also encourage you to use this week as a time to reach out to those who love and support you.  I realize I have convinced a number of you to go with us to D.C. rather than leaving you free to go home - I am sorry for that, truly.  But whether you will be home or not - do make sure that this week includes an acknowledgement of those who stand behind you and with you as you make your way through these years and into the world.

I will be praying for you all.  And I ask that you remember me.  We are united - eternally - regardless of whether we are gathering physically in one room.

No comments:

Post a Comment