Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Devotion - Wednesday, December 7

The story in which we learn of God's call to Isaiah is in the 6th chapter.  This is the story from which we get the popular camp song, "Here I am Lord....."  Isaiah has a vision in which he is in the Temple and he sees God.  The vision of God is so overwhelming that when the request comes, "Whom shall I send?" Isaiah steps forward.

We are too inclined to depend upon our thinking process when it comes to our faith.  Where is the heart?   And what effect does all that we see have upon us?

One of the things I have seen this week which encourages me to respond favorably to God's invitation is the support you offer one another during these stressful times.  It is a wonder like that seen by Isaiah - to observe the jokes and laughter which take the edge off exams and final projects.  It is called community; and it is a lovely thing to see.  It leads one to strive for a similar opportunity in the lives of others.

I am a very cognitive person.  I think a lot about faith and the convictions of Christian faith.  But what I see, those things which move my heart, these are the things which lie behind my willingness to step forward which God is in need of a messenger.

No comments:

Post a Comment