Sunday, October 2, 2016

Devotion - Monday, October 3

The Gospel lesson yesterday included a request from the Apostles to Jesus.  They ask Jesus to "Increase our faith!"  I did have the chance to preach on the text.  That sermon is at my blog:  http://pastorchrisheavner.blogspot.com/

But there is another sermon left in me, another sermon which I would like to preach.

This other sermon was preached, yesterday afternoon, as we walked through the streets of Clemson, raising awareness and money for world hunger.  

There are varieties of ways to express one's faith, and I want to acknowledge this and admit it.  But Jesus tells us time and time again that he has come among us as a servant.  That his ministry is a ministry of caring for others and sacrificing for others.  

Rather than asking for an increase of faith, I hope that we will pray and ask God to increase our acting on our faith.  We don't need some emotional boost or psychological confirmation.  What we need are expressions of faith set loose in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment