Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Devotion - Tuesday, September 27

I continue to read through the Books of Acts.  What impressed me this morning are the names celebrated by the writer of Acts.  These are names which I know I have heard many times in my life, but I am not sure I have as quick a recall of them as I have for a few, select characters.  Too often I think of Acts as the story of Paul's missionary journeys.  Too seldom do I think of all the others who were also working to make known the Good News.

The same can be said for the work of the current-day Church.  We are quick to speak of a few select persons, while it is a much larger circle of servants who make possible the ministry.  

If we stop and think, we readily acknowledge this to be true.  But how often do we pause and ponder such questions.

It is the community of Christ which does Christ's work in the world.  It is the family of God which welcomes us and helps us to find rest for our souls.

The names included in the chapters of Acts are more than filler for the message of Paul.  They are the men and women who made the story Paul was telling real in the lives of others.  The same is true for our community.  

No comments:

Post a Comment