Thursday, April 28, 2016

Devotion - Thursday, April 28

As this academic year comes to an end, I found myself reading from the beginning of Paul's second letter to the church of the Thessalonians.  What he says to them, about them, I would say to and about you.  These words will be my prayer for you till we resume our shared journey in August.

Paul writes: "We are bound to give thanks to God always for you, our sisters and brothers, as is fitting, because your faith is growing abundantly, and the love of every one of you for one another is increasing."

I don't really understand how faith "grows."  I have always understand faith as something that happens or doesn't.  But I set that thought aside for another day.  This day what I pray is that the growth I have seen in your in this year will continue into the summer and beyond.  I pray that you will become more and more aware of the presence of God in  your life and that you will grow in your ability to speak of that presence.

And do love one another.  Love as Jesus loves.  Do not limit your love to a life-partner or a few siblings, but love the sojourner and the needy.  Love the lost and the confused.  May your love for neighbor constantly increase.

Do be attentive to your spirit over the summer.  Read your bible; say your prayers.  Find opportunities to engage in spiritual conversations.  And rest assured that you will be in my prayers and the prayers at UniLu.

Pastor Chris

PS.  This is the last offering till August.  There has been talk in Faith Formation about a weekly devotion - we are still working on that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment