Monday, January 25, 2016

Devotion - Monday, January 25

The gospel accounts repeatedly raise the question of why folks believe in Jesus, or seek Jesus, or flock to be around him.  

This morning I read from John 4, where Jesus challenges a man by saying, "Unless you see signs and wonders you will not believe."

The man remains committed in his pursuit of Jesus; and Jesus heals the man's son.

What is it that attracts you to Jesus?  Why do you seek him?

As for myself, I could not imagine life without Jesus.  I seek him because he opens to me the possibility to live a life that is meaningful and purposeful and void of the cares and concerns which I see eating away at life.  Because of my commitment to Jesus, the bumps and bruises of life are placed in a new perspective.  Jesus teaches me to be understanding and forgiving; to see the possibilities of reconciliation.

What is it that attracts you to Jesus?  Why do you seek him?

The story in John 4 assures us that regardless of how we might answer the question, Jesus remains ready to acknowledge our desire.  Jesus sees and understands and gives voice to that which we ourselves may not be able to articulate.

No comments:

Post a Comment