Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Devotion - Wednesday, November 18

My morning prayers include concerns and topics which have been shared with me; matters which have been shared in conversations or pastoral visits.  It is my hope that I honor each promise made to remember in my prayers these things.

This morning, as I was working my way through the list, I also prayed that those who had spoken to me had also confided in others.  I prayed that they had enlisted their roommates and friends and family in the cloud of witnesses who would bear them up through these days.

Too much of our world encourages us to go it alone.  Too many messages are given us about not appearing to be needy.  This is not the message we hear in scripture or at church.  There, we are reminded to bear one another burdens; there we are encouraged to share the burdens which we carry.

When we share Good News - Bad News at our Wednesday night gatherings we do so with the purest of intentions of hearing the concerns of those around us and of aiding them with our prayers and our care.  This is a sacred part of our life together.  It is an essential expression of who we are as God's people.

No comments:

Post a Comment